Using a professional accountant and accounting system for your business can hugely reduce your admin and stress, save you money and ensure you avoid any legal hassles. But how do you know if you’ve chosen the right accounting firm to deal with your particular needs?
“It is vital that you do proper research before choosing your accounting company.” says Pieter Carstens from 1st Contact Accounting. “Look for someone who has plenty of experience in contractor accounting, who will understand your needs and be up-to-date with the ever-changing laws. Having inexperienced help for your business or Limited Company can cause you all sorts of problems.”
These are Pieter’s tips for finding your accountant:
- look for someone with a good reputation and a long track record;
- find out upfront exactly what all the fees are and ask about hidden fees;
- find a company that specialises in UK Contractor Accounting;
- look for an accounting company that offers extras for contractors – like IR35 advice and a no-obligation, free consultation;
- avoid dealing with anyone who insists on controlling your bank account.
1st Contact Accounting – UK Contractor Specialists
1st Contact Accounting are specialists in accounting solutions for contractors in the UK and offer the full range of services, from UK Limited Company formation and set up, all the way through to detailed financial planning and excellent, money-saving advice.
- Limited Company Incorporations
- PAYE and NI
- Annual Accounts
- Employer Annual Returns
- Personal Tax Returns
- VAT and Flat Rate VAT
You can get in touch with 1st Contact Accounting by calling 0808 141 1624 and speaking to a qualified and friendly Financial Advisor or by visiting www.1stcontact-accounting.com.